Sunday, September 18, 2011

Week 4 Thinkport

After reviewing http://www.thinkport.org/Tools/Search/Default.aspx?Keywords=simulations and investigating some of the simulations, I found that it could be very useful in the classroom. It is yet another way to use technology in the classroom and make learning more fun. I looked at a Lemonade Stand simulation that would be great to teach the kids real world math. In addition, I review a Tangram game simulation that would be great to use as an extention to teaching tangrams, because it is hard to understand unless it is taught in an interactive way.

2 comments:

  1. I liked Thinkport also. I found some really neat resources to use in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Thinkport has many useful simulations for the classroom. Now lets see if we can get fast and reliable computers to run them on! LOL

    ReplyDelete